Supported by exciting early scientific evidence, this fledgling industry is gaining momentum. At Transpharmation, we carry out sponsored preclinical translational in vivo pharmacology research into cannabidiol (CBD), ketamine, psilocybin, DMT, LSD and other psychedelics, for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders, providing the necessary data to propel compounds into the clinic.
Cannabinoids and Psychedelics; Transpharmation presents at the Neuroscience Ireland meeting 9th - 10th September 2021: see details below*
Examples of Models we offer:
- Target Engagement - Mouse head twitch / Rat WDS
- Anxiety Models - Elevated Zero Maze, Open Field, Light / Dark Box
- Depression Models - Chronic Social Defeat, Forced Swim Test, Progressive Ratio
- Sleep / QEEG - Eg; REM suppression, Power spectral analysis
- Safety Profiling - Locomotor activity, Serotonin syndrome, Seizure threshold
- Molecular Biomarkers - Inflammatory cytokine profiling, LPS induced neuroinflammation (in vivo & ex vivo)
- Pain Models - Inflammatory pain (CFA, UV-Burn, Etc) Neuropathic pain (CCI, CIPN, Etc)
- Epilepsy Models - Chemical & Electrical induced seizure models (Eg: MEST, PTZ, Etc), Tremor
Cannabinoids and Psychedelics; Neuroscience Ireland meeting 9th - 10th September 2021*
Recently, the discovery of the therapeutic potential of psychedelic drugs in psychiatric disorders, including the use of psilocybin for depression treatment, has generated renewed drug discovery interests. This symposium will look at innovative approaches to therapeutics to improve human health, with focus on the cannabinoid system and psychedelics in mental health, multiple sclerosis and ocular inflammatory disease.
Dr. Jack Prenderville, Head of Transpharmation Ireland, Dr. Gary Gilmour VP, Preclinical Research, Compass Pathways Plc https://compasspathways.com/, Dr. Eric Downer of Trinity College Dublin and Professor Melanie Kelly of Dalhousie University will describe preclinical and clinical drug development advances in the psychedelic field. https://neuroscienceireland.com/category/neuroscience-ireland-meeting-2021/
Please feel free to reach out to us to discuss your research needs.
This list is not exhaustive, we are always developing new areas of discovery within our preclinical field of expertise. If there is something particular that is not listed here please do contact us.