How we approach the Pain Model
Transpharmation offers an extensive array of highly behaviourally and pharmacologically validated rodent models of pain. Our services span acute, chronic, inflammatory, osteoarthritic and neuropathic pain conditions with evoked and non-evoked end points, all of which are benchmarked against clinical gold standard compounds.
Our capabilities are wide ranging and include the use of translational technology, such as UV radiation to induce localised inflammation and laser doppler to measure blood flow; plasma/tissue sample collection to establish PK/PD relationships and measure inflammatory biomarkers, and transcriptomic analysis to determine mechanistic aspects of disease progression and predict responders / non-responders to NCE analgesics.
Examples of pain models we offer
- CCI (Bennett) model of neuropathic pain
- STZ-induced diabetic neuropathy
- Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy, (Oxaliplatin)
- CFA / carrageenan / capsaicin / formalin inflammatory pain
- MIA / CFA osteoarthritis joint pain
- Acute mechanistic pain models, e.g. NGF
- Ultraviolet light (UV) burn
This list is not exhaustive, we are always developing new areas of discovery within our preclinical field of expertise. If there is something particular that is not listed here please do contact us.