Touchscreen Cognition Testing
At Transpharmation we have established a number of Touchscreen cognitive tests in rodents
which effectively map to non-human primate and human CANTAB and CogState testing batteries. These tests are analogous to those relevant to assessing range of neuropsychiatric disorders, such as MCI, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease as well as schizophrenia (CIAS / Cognitive Impairment Associated with Schizophrenia) and ADHD.
Our capabilities at a glance, can be summarised as follows:-
- Assessment of cognitive enhancement in automated touchscreen tests which map directly to monkeys and man
- Visual Discrimination and Reversal, Trial Unique Nonmatching to Location and Paired Associated Learning Tasks have been optimized in rats
- Tasks probe different cognitive domains and neuroanatomical substrates to support Target Validation and Lead Optimisation with test compounds
- Dose-response evaluation of test compounds relative to comparators (e.g. Donepezil) or references (e.g. CX691)
- Tailored dosing schedules for each of the tasks to support PK/PD properties of test compounds
- Reliable baseline responding providing the opportunity to assess a number of compounds in the same animals following appropriate wash-out periods
- Potential combination ‘add-on’ studies (e.g. with Donepezil) to demonstrate synergy or additivity on cognitive performance
- Establish PK/PD relationships with test compounds to help confirm MEDs for TI predictions.
|Contact us to receive a full dataset on our touchscreen cognition testing capabilities.|