The importance of the Microtubular System as a potential key target for the development of NCEs for the treatment of CNS Disorders is currently emerging and several Pharmaceutical companies are currently exploring such novel pharmacological path. Microtubules are cytoskeletal components playing a key role in neuronal plasticity including formation and maintenance of axons, dendrites and dendritic spines. Alterations of neuronal microtubules function and of microtubular proteins including, for example, Tubulin Post-Translational modifications, TAU, MAP-2, MAP-1 and Stathmin play a fundamental role in the neurobiology of Cognitive Aging, Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and neurodegeneration.
Transpharmation Ireland Ltd offers an exceptional opportunity to Pharmaceutical companies interested to further explore and pursue microtubules as novel targets in their Drug Discovery projects. Thus, our Microtubules platform has its scientific and technological roots in the years of experience of the General Manager, Dr. Max Bianchi, who is one of the globally recognized pioneers and leaders in the field of Drug Discovery related to neuronal microtubules.
Our Microtubules platform offers the following services:
- Unique expertise on the pharmacology of microtubules in CNS disorders
- Pharmacological Tools for the modulation of brain microtubules
- Extraction and Polymerization of brain microtubules: in vitro activity (EC/IC50) of compounds, effects of in vivo drug administration and animal models
- Affinity (Kd) of compounds for microtubular proteins
- Monitoring Markers of microtubule dynamics / function in plasma, platelets and brain:
- Tubulin Isotypes and Tubulin Post-translational modifications
- Microtubule Associated Proteins (MAPs)